Hey there! I’m Jessica Brookman. I’m the author of One Girl No Diet. I currently live in Los Angeles, California.
I am a writer, photographer and general renaissance girl-about-town. I write about food, body image, style and most aspects of being a 20-something sometimes-badass female.
When I’m not writing or taking photos, I am busy developing a couple branches of my little empire under the stars. I try to stay out of excessive amounts of trouble.
During the daytime (and sometimes the night time) you can find me working for Krish Menon @ Phenomenon, a kick ass "creative think-tank of the world’s leading consumer marketers, designers, and storytellers."
Other bits and pieces:
I am not-quite-30. I was born @ Yale-New Haven hospital and grew up in that area, got a scholarship to study at Choate Rosemary Hall and @ 18, I went to Cornell University. Since then, I've done a bunch of different things:
- Swam in the 2008 USA Olympic Team Trials.
- Attended medical school before deciding it wasn't for me.
- Taught pre-medical students at UCSD.
- Supported myself financially since I was 17 (I'm wicked scrappy).
- Gave a commencement speech at a private high school in North Carolina.
- Been in a commercial about the MCAT.
- Been in an ad campaign about...sunglasses.
- Worked as a chef, server, bartender, hedge fund analyst, content developer, web developer, consultant, freelance writer, teacher, tutor, project manager, legislative transcript editor, web editor, copyeditor, marketer for a think tank. (...I'm tired just writing all that!)